Meet the Jansens, our friends and partners since 2006 from Darvonda Nursuries in Delta, BC.
- The Jansens see themselves as being more than farmers. They take pride in designing each piece they sell.
- Darvonda Nurseries wants to be a connection, provide a sense of belonging to newcomers and connect with the community. Tamara & Byron even sponsored a Syrian refugee family, who now works at the Nursery.
- Tamara met Byron when she was 17 at choir. She has been helping out with the business ever since.
- Byron considers Tamara Darvonda’s “secret weapon” for success. She has contributed to the business for 20 years!
- Byron played the bass, Tamara was a soprano and Byron’s mom was the conductor!
- Byron’s brother Randal also helps out with the business and does a lot of the Alberta work, where they have a greenhouse.
- The couple has 5 kids and 8 grand-kids!
- One day, Lawrence and Tamara hope to pass the farm to the next generation. Their oldest son Lawrence is currently managing Darvonda Nurseries’ Sales and Business Development.