Meet a few of the head coaches at Delta Gymnastics in Delta, BC: Michelle, Richard and Jennifer! They’ve been our friends and partners since 2001.
- Delta Gymnastics was founded by Karoline Cullen, a UBC gymnastics team member who was looking for a summer job. That was 40 years ago!
- Michelle Jones started her coaching career in 1990 at the YMCA. Today she runs the Active Start Program that promotes physical literacy.
- Jennifer Watts started her coaching career in 2002, after competing herself for over 10 years. She works with competitive gymnasts and junior level gymnasts.
- Richard Woo started coaching in 1995 while in high school. His focus is on development! He also coaches the SFU cheer team.
- There are 2,000 core members at Delta Gymnastics. While one quarter of which are under 6 years old, there are also classes for adults and seniors.
- Delta Gymnastics has 60 coaches with a mix of part-time and full-times.