Hub City Fisheries
Meet the Roger Paquette, our friend and partner since 1983 from Hub City Fisheries in Nanaimo, BC.
- Roger grew up in Duncan, BC.
- His favourite food in the world is mango!
- He is a HUGE Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team fan! He changes chairs whenever the other team scores a goal on his beloved team.
- His first job was doing double paper routes. He also did some construction work after high school and logging in the Queen Charlottes before discovering his passion – fishing!
- Hub City Fisheries was born in 1980 out of Roger’s love for seafood, and passion for the industry.
- He employs around 200 people and is proud that some have been with him for 25 years or more.
- Roger sometimes calls his job ‘air traffic control’ because he deals directly with 200 to 300 fishermen per day!
- Try their beautiful BC salmon - caught on our pristine coastline and our rivers in this Cedar Plank Salmon on Freekeh Salad or Gravlax with Mustard Sauce recipes.