Nanaimo Child Development
Meet the Pam McAdam and Michelle Kocourek, our friends and partners since 2003 at the Nanaimo Child Development Centre in Nanaimo, BC.
- In 1967, a group of parents of children with special needs came together and started what is today Nanaimo Childhood Development. They began with just one Physio, one Early Childhood Educator and one Pediatrician.
- Pam is a program director at the centre, and has worked there for 25 years!
- Michelle co-runs resource development, and has been a part of the centre for 14 years.
- They do "home visits" to children’s daycares, family homes, and even playgrounds, depending on where kids feel most comfortable.
- Today, an average 600 to 800 families benefit from their services – that’s about 2,000 children per year!