- In a small bowl combine cornstarch, juices and cherry brandy (or water).
- In a medium-sized pot set over medium heat, cook cherries and granulated sugar, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and cherries slightly soften and their juices release.
- Add cornstarch mixture to cherries, return to a simmer until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cherries cool to room temperature. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed (cherries can be prepared up to a day in advance).
- In a bowl add whipping cream and icing sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- To assemble, use 8 – 6 ounce wine or decorative glasses. In the bottom, add 3 cherries and some of the cooking liquid. Layer with 2 to 3 Tbsp. of brownie, scooping it from the pan with a spoon. Top brownie with piped whipped cream, using half of the bag.
- Repeat step 5 finishing with remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate trifles until ready to serve (they can be made up to 2 hours in advance). When ready serve, garnish with a mint sprig and enjoy.
Note: The brownies used in this recipe are sold in our Bakery Department. You may not need all of it for this recipe. But any leftovers can be enjoyed over the next day or two.