- Make salad dressing by combining first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside until needed
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 425˚F. Place the beaten egg, flour and breadcrumbs each in their own shallow bowl. Cut each log of goat cheese into 4 equal discs.
- Coat each disc of goat cheese in flour, shaking off the excess. Then coat in the egg mixture, ensuring the discs are evenly coated. Set discs on the breadcrumbs, turning to coat and pressing the crumbs on to help them adhere. Set breaded cheese on the baking sheet.
- Bake cheese for 8 minutes, and then turn each piece over and bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Divide and mound salad greens on each plate. Top each salad with pears, cranberries and almonds. Set 2 pieces of baked goat cheese on each plate. Drizzle salads with the dressing and serve.
Note: Containers of Italian-style dried breadcrumbs are sold in our bagged bread aisle. To toast almonds, place in a non-stick skillet and set oven medium, medium-high heat. Cook almonds, swirling pan from time to time, until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
Recipe Options: Instead of mixed salad greens, try baby spinach in this recipe. Instead of pear, try crisp slices of apple. Instead of cranberries, try dried cherries or blueberries on the salad.