- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a 9” spring-form cake pan with oil spray. Make the topping by combining all the ingredients except the chopped bark. Now mix in the bark.
- To make batter, place flour in a bowl and whisk in baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Place 1/2 cup butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until lightened. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then mix in the sour cream alternating with the flour mixture.
- Spread half the batter into the cake pan. Sprinkle batter with the ½ box of chopped bark. Spoon and spread remaining batter over the bark to cover it up (it’s okay if some bark is not completely covered). Disperse the streusel topping over the batter, leaving 1/2” border of clean batter on the outer edges of the cake.
- Bake cake for 50 minutes or until a cake tester pulls out clean. Cool cake on a baking rack to room temperature.
- To serve, unmould cake and cut into wedges. Plate and then top wedges, if desired, with a drizzle of caramel sauce, a dollop of whipped cream, and some chopped toffee bark.
Note: Rock Coast Toffee Bark is available in our candy and chocolate bar aisle. If you want to garnish each wedge of cake with chopped bark, buy two boxes of the bark for this recipe.
Recipe options: This cake yields 12 servings. If that’s too many, you could cut the cake into wedges and individually wrap and freeze the ones you don’t need.