- Place the oil in a 10" cast iron or other ovenproof skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and slowly cook until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- When onions and bell peppers are very tender, add the garlic, cumin, coriander and paprika and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, bring to a gentle simmer, and simmer until tomatoes have thickened, about 8 minutes. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Stir 2/3s of crumbled feta and the 1 Tbsp. harrissa into the tomato mixture. Taste the sauce and season with salt, if needed.
- Take the skillet off the heat. Use a spoon to make a well in the sauce and carefully crack an egg into it. Repeat these steps with remaining eggs.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are just set, about 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves and remaining feta. Serve the shakshuka with extra harissa at the table.
Note: Harissa is a chili pepper-based sauce/paste used in North African cuisine. You find jars of it available in our ethnic foods aisle.