For the mix and to package (see Note)
- Combine the flour and baking soda in a bowl, and then carefully spoon it into a one-litre mason jar. Now carefully add the brown sugar to the jar and gently press it until level. Now, layering them separately, add the semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips to the jar. Tightly seal the jar, label and decorate as desired.
To finish the cookies
- Place an oven rack in the middle position. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and vanilla it a bowl and beat until lightened. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the cookie mix in the jar and mix until well combined.
- Drop 2 Tbsp. amounts of the dough on the baking sheets, spacing them about 3-inches apart. Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on a rack, then store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
The first part of this recipe creates a one litre of jar of cookie mix you can give as a gift. The second part of the recipe provides the one receiving the gift with the ingredients and method they’ll need to turn it into cookies.