- Make salad dressing by combining the vinegar, honey, mustard, cumin, oil, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl, and then set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- While the water is heating up, trim the stem end off each Brussels sprout. Pull 2 or 3 of the outer leaves off each Brussels sprout. Set those leaves in a small bowl. Cut each sprout in half lengthwise. Now cut each half Brussels sprout into thin wedges and set in a medium bowl (see Note).
- When the water is boiling, add the wedges of Brussels sprouts to the pot. Cook until sprouts soften slightly and turn a bright green, about 3 to 3 1/2 minutes. Add the brussels sprouts leaves to the pot and cook 30 seconds more.
- Drain the Brussels sprout wedges and leaves well, and then add them to the dressing and toss to combine.
- Transfer sprouts to a shallow dish. Disperse the pomegranate seeds and cheese over top and serve, sprinkled with chopped parsley, if using.
You can trim and cut the Brussels spouts into wedges hours before needed. You can also make the salad’s dressing in advance. Keep both refrigerated until when ready to cook the sprouts, toss them with the dressing, top and serve.
Options: If you enjoy the taste of tangy blue cheese, use an equal weight of it in place of the goat or feta cheese called for in the recipe. For a richer taste, also sprinkle this salad with a few toasted walnut pieces when topping it with the pomegranate seeds and cheese.