When planning your board think about including flavours and textures that compliment each other. You want an assortment from all the flavour groups: salty, sweet, sour, bitter and savoury.
Here are 8 staples for your next mouthwatering Charcuterie Board:
- Cured Meat: try delicate cured meats like prosciutto or Serrano ham that can be sliced thinly and add an intriguing texture.
- Salami: include a couple of different salamis, like one that is infused with red wine or encased in black pepper, the options are endless.
- Sausage: kick it up a notch with chorizo or a spicy sausage to add some flare to the board.
- Pate: a traditional pate made with meat will add an alternative flavour and texture to your board, try a vegetarian pate for an unexpected twist.
- Pickles: briny gherkins add a sweet crunch between each savoury bite.
- Bread or Crackers: include a baguette or crackers that can be a vessel for different combinations. Use unflavoured crackers so they don't overpower or compete with the other flavours.
- Something Sweet: Dates or dried fruits will help cut the richness between different meats.
- Spreads: Grainy mustard or sweet fig spreads can help create delicious combinations between meats and bread.