A first course of little bites designed to excite ones palate before the main dishes are served.
- Roasted Garlic: Remove loose, outer, papery
coating from garlic bulb. Trim 1/2” off the top of the garlic.
Set in a baking pan, cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil;
season with salt, pepper and chopped rosemary. Roast at
400°F for 35-45 minutes, until garlic is tender.
- Roasted Mixed Olives: Find a recipe from our recipe library.
- Stuffed Roasted Cherry Tomatoes:
Cut tomatoes in half widthwise. Sandwich half tomatoes
with a feta slice and basil leaf, secure with a toothpick,
and then roast in a pan at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Grilled Asparagus: Find a recipe from our recipe library.
- Roasted Prosciutto-Wrapped Pears:
Cut small pears into thick wedges and remove cores.
Toss lightly with lemon juice, and then wrap each wedge
with half slice of prosciutto. Roast pears in a pan at 400°F
for 10 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic crema.
- Baked Brie: Set a round of Brie in a small baking pan.
Bake at 400°F for 5-7 minutes, until soft in the centre.
Serve as is, or dress up cheese by drizzling and sprinkling
with honey, pomegranate seeds and chopped pistachios.
- Crostini: Set 1/4” thick baguette slices on a baking
sheet. Brush with olive oil; sprinkle with grated Parmesan
cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Roasted Grapes: Set small bunches of grapes on
parchment paper-lined baking pan. Lightly drizzle with
olive oil. Roast at 400°F for 15-20 minutes, until hot
- Hot Dip: Place Thrifty Kitchens Spinach and Artichoke
or other dip in a heatproof bowl. Microwave a minute or
two, or heat 15-20 minutes in 400°F oven, until hot.