- Place butter and garlic in a small pot set over medium heat. Heat until just melted. Mix in parsley, and remove from heat.
- Set bread on a piece of parchment paper. Using a large, sharp, serrated knife, cut 12 diagonal slices, about 1” apart, without cutting all the way through.
- Turn the bread 90 degrees and make about 12 more slices going the other way, without cutting all the way through. The top of the bread will be crosshatched into 1-inch diamond shapes. Lift bread on the parchment paper and set on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven 350˚F. Using a brush, apply the melted butter mixture into every cut of the loaf, slightly pulling the bread open, if needed.
- Mix cheeses together in a bowl. Use your fingers to stuff the cheese into the cuts of the bread, ensuring some of it sits on top of the bread.
- Tent bread with foil and bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes. Uncover bread and bake 15 minutes more, until the cheese is melted and the top of bread is golden.
- Cool a few minutes, and dig in while it’s still very warm.
Recipe Options: Instead of regular minced garlic, roast garlic cloves in olive oil until tender, and then chop and add them to the melted butter. Instead of parsley, try another fresh herb, such as chopped oregano. Instead of asiago cheese, use grated provolone cheese.