- Make marinade by combining the first 9 ingredients in a bowl.
- Set pork chops in a single layer in 13” x 9” glass baking or casserole dish. Pour marinade over pork. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 8 hours, or overnight, turning occasionally.
- To cook pork, preheat your barbecue or indoor grill to medium-high. Set pork on a plate and pour marinade into a 9” skillet; whisk in cornstarch.
- Bring marinade to a boil over medium-high heat, and then reduce heat until gently simmering. Simmer 10 minutes, until thickened and sauce-like.
- While the sauce simmers, pat pork chops with paper towel to remove most of the excess marinade. Season chops with salt, and grill 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Plate and serve the chops with the sauce.
Recipe Options: Instead of six bone-in pork chops, use 12 smaller, boneless pork loin chops in this recipe.