- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the pork and turn to coat. Cover, refrigerate and marinate pork 2 to 8 hours (depending on how time you have), turning it occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Set the pork in a small roasting pan and brush with the marinade left in the bowl. Roast the pork for 65 to 70 minutes, basting with pan juices occasionally, or until the centre of the meat registers 160˚F on a meat thermometer. Set the roast on a plate and let rest 20 minutes. Now cut the pork into thin slices.
- Spread the cut side of each panini with the mustard. Now divide, fill and layer each panini with ham, roast pork, cheese and pickles, and then press the buns together.
- Heat your sandwich press, panini maker or stovetop grill to, or over, medium heat. Lightly butter each side of the press, or the bars of the grill. Set on the sandwiches. If using a press or panini maker, press down on the sandwiches and cook until the cheese is melted and the bread is compacted, browned and crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes. If using a grill pan, set something heavy on the sandwiches, such as heavy skillet filled with 2 heavy cans of food. Grill the sandwiches 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- To serve, cut each sandwich in half and dig in.
Note: Sliced provolone cheese is sold in packages in our Deli Department. You could also use Swiss cheese in the recipe.