- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat the inside of an 8" square, 2” deep non-stick baking pan with oil spray.
- To make cake, add flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking soda into baking pan and mix with a fork or small whisk until well blended.
- Measure milk (or water) in a 2-cup measuring cup; mix in vanilla, oil and juice. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well blended and a batter is formed.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until cake springs back when gently touched in the centre. Cool on a baking rack to room temperature.
- Using the end of chopstick or something else with a similar diameter, poke 24 to 30, 1” deep holes all over the top of the cake.
- Make ganache by placing whipping cream in a small pot and bringing it to a boil. Stir in white chocolate and mix until melted and well incorporated. Slowly pour and spread ganache over the cake, ensuring each hole has some in it. Set cake in the refrigerator and cool until ganache is set.
- Make frosting by beating cocoa powder, butter and milk in a bowl, or in the bowl of your stand mixer until well combined. Beat in icing sugar.
- Spread frosting on cake. Sprinkle cake with mini chocolate chips, if using. Refrigerate cake to set the icing. Keep refrigerated until ready to cut into squares and serve. Garnish squares of the cake with raspberries or strawberries, if desired.
Recipe Options: Instead of mixing the cake batter right in the pan, you could do that work in a bowl. To do so, place dry ingredients for the cake in a bowl and whisk until well blended. Measure the milk (or water) in 2-cup measuring cup, and then mix in the vanilla, oil and juice. Pour these wet ingredients over the dry ones in the bowl and mix until a batter is created. Pour batter into the greased baking pan and bake cake as described in the recipe.