- Combine the olives, basil, 1 tsp. olive oil, zest and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Set the bread slices on a baking sheet. Bake the bread 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Cool the bread a few minutes, and then rub the top side of each slice with the cut side of the garlic clove.
- Set bread on a serving platter; drizzle with the 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep bread at room temperature until ready to top. Can be made several hours before needed.
- To finish bruschetta, spread the top of each bread round with 1 Tbsp. of hummus, or to taste.
- Set a small spoon of the olive mixture in the centre of each bruschetta and enjoy.
Note: The baguette or ciabattini used for the bruschetta should be about 3-inches (7.5 cm) wide. Thrifty Kitchens Hummus is available in our deli department.
Recipe Options: If you prefer green olives over black, then use them to make the mixture you spoon on the hummus topped bread. If you would like to top the bruschetta with homemade hummus, try this recipe from our website collection: Sun-dried Tomato Hummus with Mint.