- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until lightened. Then beat in egg and vanilla. Mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture until well combined.
- Set dough on a work surface and divide into three equal pieces. Tear three, one-foot pieces of waxed paper and set aside.
- Place one piece of dough back in the mixing bowl. Add the ingredients for pistachio, cranberry and orange cookies and mix well to combine. Set the dough on one of the pieces of waxed paper and shape into an 8” log. Roll the log of dough into the waxed paper, twisting the ends to seal. Set the dough in a tight-sealing container.
- Set the second piece of dough in the mixing bowl and mix in the pumpkin seeds and raisins. Set dough on a sheet of waxed paper and shape it into an 8” log. Combine 1 Tbsp. of granulated sugar and ground cardamom, cinnamon and cloves in a small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture on the cookie dough. Roll the log in the sugar, ensuring all sides are coated. Roll the dough into the waxed paper, twisting ends to seal. Place that dough in the container with the first dough.
- Set the third piece of dough in the mixing bowl and mix in the cocoa powder, chocolate and pecans. Set that dough on the last piece of waxed paper and shape it into an 8” long log. Sprinkle the coconut on the cookie dough. Roll the log in the coconut, ensuring all sides are coated. Roll the log of dough into the waxed paper, twisting ends to seal. Place that dough in the container with the other two.
- Refrigerate dough for at least three hours, or until firm. Keep refrigerated up to three days, until ready to bake. Cookie dough can also be frozen for up to one month.
- To bake cookies, if refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes, and then cut into 1/4” thick slices. If the dough was frozen, let thaw at room temperature until the dough is soft enough to slice. Set slices of dough, about 2” apart, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in 375°F oven for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Note: White chocolate dipping wafers are sold in our Bulk Foods Department.