- Make daikon and carrot pickle by placing water, vinegar and sugar in a small pot. Bring to a simmer for 30 seconds and stir to dissolve the sugar. Remove pot from heat.
- Place daikon and carrot in a fine sieve set over a bowl. Sprinkle vegetables with salt and toss to coat. Let vegetables stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Rinse vegetables with cold water, and pat dry. Place vegetables in a small jar and pour vinegar mixture over them. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Make sriracha ginger mayo by combining mayonnaise, sriracha and ginger in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat barbecue or indoor grill to medium-high. Lightly oil the grill. Grill ribs 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through and nicely charred.
- While ribs cook, heat 2 tsp. oil in a skillet set over medium-high. Add pineapple and cook until hot and lightly charred, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When ribs are cooked, set on a cutting board and cover with foil.
- Spread the inside of each piece of baguette (or bun) with sriracha ginger mayo, saving some for the top. Set lettuce (or cabbage) in each bun. Uncover the Maui ribs and cut each one, widthwise, into four pieces. Place four pieces of meat in each bun. Top with daikon and carrot pickle, pineapple, cilantro leaves and sliced peppers, if using. Drizzle a little of the remaining sriracha ginger mayo on each sandwich, and serve.
Note: Daikon is a very large white radish sold in our produce department. Cut and use the leftover daikon you have after making the pickle in such things as salads and stir-fries.