- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a bowl combine oats, milk and apple sauce. Allow oats to soak for 30 minutes. Combine egg into oat mixture.
- In a second bowl whisk together flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in blueberries, carrots and pumpkin seeds.
- Add dry ingredients to oat mixture and gently combine (do not over mix or muffins could turn out tough).
- Lightly coat 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin tin with oil spray. Fill greased tin with muffin batter. Sprinkle muffin tops with a little oatmeal and brown sugar.
- Bake muffins in the middle of the oven 22 to 24 minutes or until they spring back when touched in the centre. Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan. Enjoy muffins warm or at room temperature.
Options: 1/2 cup whole grain flour can be replaced with 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.