- In a large skillet heat 3 Tbsp. of oil set over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper, then coat in flour, shaking off excess. Reserve leftover flour.
- Add pork to the skillet, cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until just cooked through, transfer to a plate.
- Lower to medium heat and add remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil. Add mushrooms, shallots (or red onion) and garlic and cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir 3 Tbsp. of reserved flour into mushrooms, cook 1 minute. Stirring constantly slowly add chicken stock (or broth). Add sage and bring to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix whipping cream into sauce and return to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Return pork to pan, heat through two minutes, and serve.
Note: Before slicing the shiitake mushrooms remove and discard their tough stems. Before the slicing oyster mushrooms, trim off the tough, lower bits of their stems.
Recipe Options: Instead of 8 (3 oz./85 g) boneless pork loin chops, use four larger (7 oz./200 g), bone-in chops for this recipe. Instead of sage, try rosemary in the sauce.