- To make oil, place pepper flakes, chilies and 3 Tbsp. oil in a small pot and set over medium heat. Heat chilies, stirring, until they very gently start to sizzle, about 90 seconds to 2 minutes. Don’t let them brown!
- Add remaining 1 cup oil and heat until just warm (not hot). Remove pot from heat and let chili oil cool to room temperature. Transfer to a tight-sealing jar or serving vessel. Keep refrigerated until needed. Will keep a month a more. Shake oil before using.
- To make aioli, preheat oven to 325˚F. Place garlic and 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a small baking dish. Cover and roast 20 minutes, or until garlic is tender.
- Transfer garlic and oil to a bowl. Mash garlic into small pieces with the back of a small spoon, and then cool to room temperature. Mix in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate aioli until needed. Will keep at least a week.
- Use chili oil and aioli to drizzle or spoon on slices of your favourite Thrifty Kitchens pizza, available in our Deli Department.
Recipe options: To make chili oregano oil, add 1 tsp. of dried oregano to the oil after you take it off the heat and let it cool. Instead of parsley, flavour the aioli with another type of fresh herb, such as basil.
Note: Nutrition facts are for consuming 1 tsp. oil and 2 Tbsp. aioli