- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 10-inch cast iron or other ovenproof skillet with oil spray.
- Pour melted butter into a large bowl. Mix in sugars and cocoa. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Place the flour and baking powder in a second bowl and whisk to combine. Mix in the walnuts (or pecans). Add the dry ingredients into wet and combine.
- Use a spatula to transfer batter to skillet, spreading it evenly in the pan. Bake 40 minutes, or until it springs back when gently touched in the centre.
- Serve brownie warm or at room temperature. For each sundae, set a wedge of brownie in a serving dish. Top it with a scoop or two of ice cream, drizzle with chocolate sauce, sprinkle with nuts and shaved chocolate, if using, and serve.
Note: To toast the nuts, place them in a skillet set over medium heat. Cook and stir until lightly toasted and aromatic, about 4 to 5 minutes. You’ll find blocks of dark chocolate for sale in our Bakery Department. You can use a vegetable peeler to shave off thin pieces of dark chocolate to top the sundaes with.
Recipe Options: Instead of topping wedges of the brownie with vanilla ice cream, try using another type, such as Betterwith strawberry, coffee, or caramel ice cream.